Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Mommies are Hatching a Plan!

Chelle's last post has got a lot of us thinking about our plans for our next big race. I think I'm safe to say everyone is really excited about the idea of training "virtually" together and getting together in Spring '08 to meet and run a race together. This is very exciting!

So far the two options that have been thrown out are the Salt Lake Marathon and the Ogden Marathon. What works for you? Let's take a vote! Take your time to look at the race's web sites for yourself and see what you think. (You can find the links on the sidebar.) Once you think you have a preference, cast your vote. Both marathons have 1/2 marathons associated with them on the same day. They also have 5Ks. I think this makes both of these marathons great candidates for our "team debut" because they have something for everyone - no matter your comfort level or ability. Of course we understand if this isn't the right time for you and your family to be training for or running a marathon. But we want everyone to know - YOU ARE INVITED whether you are an official "contributor" to this site or not.

Salt Lake Marathon: Saturday, April 9
Ogden Marathon: Saturday, May 19

I know that Ogden is a Boston qualifying marathon, but I am unsure about SL. Does anyone know? See the websites for more details about the courses, amenities, pricing, etc.

You also may have noticed some changes to the site on the sidebar. If you are a contributor please send a brief bio to Sarah (Suzie Petunia) so it can be added to the site. You can also send a photo if you would like that included. Send them to suziepetunia at gmail dot com. Thanks to those of you who have already sent them. I'll have them all up ASAP.

I am very excited about these tentative plans to run together in the Spring. What a joy and an honor it will be to train together and to finally all meet. I hope all of you can join us!

8 comments:

JP said...

I like being the first voter...and having 100% of the votes! :)

Also...the SLC Marathon is listed as 4/19 on the website. Me thinks you meant that...and the only reason I bring it up is that it's less than a week before my 30th birthday...and not that I'm trying to sway anyone's vote...(okay, i'm totally trying to sway anyone's vote,) but what a way to start the birthday week!

cherl said...

What a fantastic idea but I already have plans to run Eugene May 4th. 177 days and counting! It'll be fun to virtually train with everyone!

Suzie Petunia said...

Thanks JP! I guess that is what you get when I post at 1 in the morning!

Chelle said...

I just voted for Salt Lake. But if Ogden wins out, I could always run the half for Salt Lake and then join you all in Ogden. That should have been option D. ; )

I'm excited. Very.

Kelly(M&M) said...

Hey everyone,

I was really leaning toward Ogden at first, but after checking out SLC's website, I will admit I am a little excited! I love the idea of training together and our friends who are running Boston (which is that same weekend) would be on the same schedule with us. So, I haven't placed my vote quite yet, but I am getting there. :-)

JP- My 30th is March 20th!

Cherl- I wish you could be there too, but you will be training with us! Hopefully we will run together someday during this cycle.

Jess- Are you in?

Team Hanni-you?

Ang-?

Ann- We haven't heard from you yet.

Poky girl- I bet we can get you in on this.

Heather and Kirsten- We will be right there with you!!

Okay, I am going to bed.

Ang said...

OK, here's the deal. I don't feel like I can cast a vote because I can't totally commit to being there. I really really really want to be there whether it is to run the full or the half. However, there is a real possibility I may be preggers by then, but then again, I may not. If I was ever going to run a marathon, this seems like the time to do it. My vote would be for Salt Lake, if I were going to commit to be there....... and I still may, I just can't right now. Did that even make sense?

JP said...

ang, I promise...if you are preggers you don't have to be there!!! :)

I can't help but be excited for the plan...I've already told my sister I'm coming that weekend. Her response? SURE your friends and a marathon will get you out here!!

what can I say?

Team Hanni said...

I'm torn..... I am totally excited and want to vote for SLC, but an extra month to train would really help....

Ah, what the hay. I vote SLC.

I hope I get the memo if I need to sign up for Ogden instead though...

This is too much fun - you ladies rock.