Saturday, December 15, 2007

Training for the Elderly

I think it is official that I am the oldest mommy here. I am here to post my training plan for Boston. It is the less is more marathon plan (Actually it is called "16-week FIRST training plan. I read about it in runners world and found it on their website. In a nutshell it is running three days a week and cross training another two. The article talks about how the cross training improve maximal oxygen uptake and lactate threshold. I am choosing this plan because I seem to be injury prone. I didn't actually follow it for St. George but I did cross train to get ready for St. George. I plan to follow this plan with the speed work and tempo runs and hope to do well in Boston.

3 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

Elderly?! You are in better shape than most of us, I would presume! :-) I have always been amazed by your innate skill and work ethic. I can't wait to hear all about Boston. And I am glad you found a plan that helps you stay relatively injury free. You rock!

Erin said...

I think we can all agree that age is a state of health! What do a few wrinkles or grey hairs matter when the person can run a marathon, or has low body fat and sexy legs! I'm almost 32 and can't wait to look better and feel better than I do now...when I'm forty! You Go Sexy Mommy!

Suzie Petunia said...

Hey, Foxy lady! You know you are an inspiration to us all! And watch who you're calling "elderly"... we're all just a couple years younger than you! ;)

Your plan sounds like a good one.