Monday, February 18, 2008

A Question

Someone has submitted a question that we're hoping you runnin' mommies might be able to help out with.

"I need some advice from any women who have had kids and find it difficult on the bladder when they run. At this point in my running I'm getting a bit discouraged because if I run any longer than 20 or 30 minutes, I pretty much wet my pants. blah! I think I've resolved to look into surgery, because I've done all the kegels possible and it's not changing a darn thing. I was going to try a race last weekend. Well the day before I ran 3.5 miles, to see if I could make it in a race. I ran great, except that my pants were completely soaked! I know, I'm sorry I should spare the details, but I know I can't be the only one out there with this issue. Help anyone?"

3 comments:

foxontherun said...

Suzie I'm glad you breached the subject. Yes I too am a pee leaker. Usually my problem is doing speedwork. When I get going fast there is no control. It's all of those kids. My OB said there are kegel weights that you can get and that is probably the step you take before surgery. I know that you can go to PT for help as well.

everything pink! said...

oh. so sorry, don't have that problem, but i am sure for me it is a matter of time. i am more of a get the surgery type of gal and just get it fixed - but would think that is more of a personality thing. i will be interested in what you find out.

LOVE the new banner. oh my awesome. it makes me want to get out and run today after being sick in bed for 10 days...

Ang said...

I wish I could be of more help. My mom actually just had bladder surgery to fix her problem. I'm sure it's just a matter of time for me as I do have this problem, but it's pretty mild. My mom isn't a runner, so I can't tell you if it has helped in that department.

I did tell my OB once that it was a problem for me and he said the options were Kegels, then physical therapy, then surgery.

Good luck!!!!!!