Friday, April 11, 2008

MY FIRST POST

Hi everyone, I have been reading this site and have been so inspired and motivated and have even had a good laugh at all your comments. I am new on this site. I will be running my first 1/2 in Salt Lake next week. Did I just say next week? ahahahaha I will also run my first marathon in Canada the end of May. (that still seems far away) My problem is i love to run but i hate to actually sign up for a race. The starting line makes me so nervous. I will be coming to Salt Lake alone so it will be fun to meet some of you and put some personalities to your faces.

I heard this great quote: FAR BETTER IS IT TO DARE MIGHTY THINGS...THEN TO RANK WITH THOSE POOR SPIRITS WHO NEITHER ENJOY NOR SUFFER MUCH, BECAUSE THEY LIVE IN A GREY TWILIGHT THAT KNOWS NEITHER VICTORY NOR DEFEAT.

SEE YA SOON

4 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

What a great quote! I don't ever want to be that loser living in the grey twilight!

Welcome to Marathon Mommies! We can't wait to meet you in SL.

Kelly(M&M) said...

Hi Puff-in! Welcome to the Mommies. Are you coming to the pre-race party? Good luck on your first half marathon. You will love it!

Anniebananie said...

I love your quote...perfect inspiration for the day! Hope to meet ya next week!

Anonymous said...

Welcome! I am doing the half as well- hope to meet you the night before or on race day. Good luck!