Friday, May 16, 2008

Any one up for 196 miles?

Ok everyone..... another race I need your help with! I am looking for a few more people to join a group of us to run the Ragnar Relay Series in Austin October 24-25! There are about six of us here all ready and we are looking for six more. It is a relay so no you don't run all 196 miles by yourself. We have a really fun group of girls but just need some more. If any of your husbands want to do it too there is a group of men getting together from our church so they could join them too and you could make it a great get away weekend! Here is the quick scoop (click on the race link for the whole scoop and great doable training plans even for the beginner runner...

1. We need a team of 12
2. Each team member runs 3 legs ranging from 3-8 miles
3. It is on a Friday/ Saturday :)
4. Yes I am doing St. George 3 weeks before so you can too :)
5. We need to register our team by the end of June to get the best rate


Email me at info@theribbonspot.com if you want in :)

5 comments:

Kelly(M&M) said...

I would SO love to do this with you! I will just be getting back from a vacation with my hubby 2 weeks before, and St. George to cheer all of you on the week before that, so I don't know if I will be able to leave the kids again. I will see what Jeff thinks! It sounds like so much fun!

Suzie Petunia said...

That would be so much fun! Have done the Hood to Coast Relay a couple of times (the race the Ragnar series is patterned after). It is so much fun!... as long as you're not currently nursing a baby... ask Kelly all about it. I wish I could do it with you!

Anniebananie said...

Oh I would love to do it. That weekend doesn't work for me. But a shout out to all you mommies, do it if you can! It is so fun. I am doing the Wasatch on next month, my favorite race! Hope you find some ladies!

Ang said...

Erin,

You are my running hero! I love how many races you do and how exciting each one is! You're so awesome. I wish I could do it, but I just can't. DANG!! I hope you find a team!!

p.s. I just got back from Idaho today and will be emailing shortly. :)

vanessaayn said...

im in. however, it will also be 2 weeks post pregnanct. can i be an alternate? ; ) if there are any more relays, please let me know!