Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Introduction


Hi everyone. I have been lurking on this blog for a while and I am excited to join! You are all such an inspiration and I have gotten some great advice from here. I am Beka from Ohio and I am a mommy to two year old Elise and I am due with "#2" anyday now (actually I am overdue!). I have been running for about 7 years. Running has always been a challenge for me and I have never been a fast runner, but I love the sense of achievement I get from it. I have done 2 marathons (Cincinnati Flying Pig 2003 & Chicago 2004), a few half marathons, 2 triathalons, and lots of 5/10ks. I ran up until the day I had my daughter and I am still running with this pregnancy. I just did the Flying Pig Half Marathon at 37 weeks pregnant (walking the majority)! I think my marathon days are over, but I am looking forward to running some half marathons this fall. Keep up the great work everyone!



Favorite Race Distance: 5k
Favorite Song to Run to: Anything on my ipod
Favorite Dessert: Cheesecake or ice cream
Current Goal: To find time to run with a new baby and a two year old!

9 comments:

amydear said...

Wow! You are amazing to do a marathon at 37 weeks. And you're smiling too. I'm surprised that didn't put you into labor. Good luck with your delivery! I'm sure you'll be running again soon. Welcome!

marathon mom said...

Glad we have another pregnant running mommy!!! I am impressed you did a half at 37 weeks- way to go! I think the August heat here in VA would kill me at 37 weeks!

Kelly(M&M) said...

Wow, you pregnant runners amaze me!! Welcome to the group. Good luck with delivery and all of that. You are an inspiration to all of us. A marathon at 37 weeks- so impressive. I was happy that I could still walk 3 miles at 37 weeks. :-)

Staci Rocha said...

You must be a very determined individual to walk/run a 1/2 marathon while 37 weeks pregnant! That is impressive! Were you hoping that it would put you into labor?

Welcome :)

Ang said...

Welcome!! You're so cute! I'm so amazed at your pregnant running!! I hope your baby comes soon!!! Being overdue is no fun!

Suzie Petunia said...

Your baby is going to come out with little running shoes on... looking for his/her first race!

JP said...

Seriously! You are amazing! Welcome!!!

Maggs said...

good job! I am so inspired by women who run while being pregnant. My neighbor ran during both her pregnancies too and I was so amazed. Welcome to the blog too. I hope your baby is born soon!

Roxanne said...

you are amazing! I really wanted to do a half at 30 weeks but my body didn't go along with this plan. I am due in 4 weeks so we will be getting back into running together. Good luck! I will be right behind you.