Monday, June 16, 2008

Amazing Weekend!!

What an amazing weekend I have had! I am very excited to report that our team for the Teton Dam Marathon did awesome. I am so lucky to have a wonderful group of friends and woman to run with. They have truly become some of my best friends. So I better start from the beginning. On Friday we were able to all go to a dinner they have for all racers before the race day. We had a great dinner of a potato, salad, veggies, cake, and some really great rolls. We had a fun time, and I think it finally all hit us that tomorrow was the big day. We all went home for the night, and everyone met at my house at 4:30 in the morning. Ya, that is right 4:30. Our first two runners had to be on a bus between 5 & 5:30 so we all decided to make a day of it, and go together. The race started at 6:30 so we had a little time to wait. We decided it would be fun to go to the first corner of the race and cheer on our first runner. It was so crazy to sit there and wait, and then here she came. The race was on. We then were able to go to the other transition points, and see everyone start their leg of the race. I was a little nervous, but when it came time for me, it was AWESOME! I had such a blast on my part. The weather was perfect, no wind (CAN YOU BELIEVE IT)and the sun felt so good. I also had a wonderful support team the whole way up my hill. My mom came to cheer me on, and also my wonderful husband and boys. It truly meant the world to me to have them there. They would drive up a ways in front of me, and park. Then they would come out by the road, and cheer me on. Then it was my turn to hand off. It went by so fast. It was great to have my team there at the end, and also my family to say good job. even We then hurried down to the finish line. We all were able to run across together. It truly was a great day. I am totally going to do it next year. So if anyone is interested, let me know. We are all looking forward to it. We stayed around for the awards, and you will never guess. Our first time Marathon all woman's relay team took 3rd place. We were shocked, and very excited. We all received a metal for competing in the first place, but we also receive another metal for 3rd place plus a little trophy. Pretty good for first timers don't you think? I just want to thank my family for being such a wonderful support, I don't know what I would do without them. Also again for my wonderful running friends. Connie, Rae, Mamie, Cindy, & Gina you are the best. Thank you also to all of the Marathon Mommies. I love reading this blog, and receiving all of the great advice. You are all an inspiration to me. Here is our team after our big day!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations!! It sounds like you had a wonderful time and WOW a 3rd place finish! I have never heard of a marathon relay. Tell me more... How far do you each run? Is it 26.2 divided by 6 or do you each have a different distance. How fast did you complete it? It sounds like a great time that my running partners and I would totally get into.

Congrats again!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inspiring us to do it Britt. We love you too.

Suzie Petunia said...

Great job! WOW! How fun to get 3rd place when you weren't even expecting it! Aren't running friends the best? :)