Thursday, June 05, 2008

Out of Commission

Yeah.. it's me. The newbie, the one who was really really trying... and now nothing.  Sadly, I have tonsillitis.  AGAIN.  This is my 3rd time getting it in 3 months.  

As I went to the doctor knowing what he was going to tell me... I SHOULD get them taken out.  I kinda don't really want to but I really should.  He told me they are obviously not doing their job of filtering... and they probably just went bad.  .. If I don't have them taken out I will just keep getting it.  Over and over again.  Sad.  Just plain sad. 

They took some blood work to see exactly what it causing my little disorder.  So..We shall see. 

I won't be able to run.  Not for a little while anyway. This started on Sunday night and it Thursday and I am still very very swollen. I can hardly eat let alone run...
And if the tests come back and say to have them removed that will be even more time out of commission.  Which is so depressing.  

Good Luck everyone else.  I'll catch up, I promise.

7 comments:

JP said...

The human body can be so frustrating!! Bronchitis was my culprit (twice in five months) and it is just such a bummer! I kept feeling like I was doing something wrong to be sick so often. Darn it!

I hope you get better really, really soon. Sending anti-tonsilitis thoughts your way!

Anonymous said...

Get those bad boys out so you can get on with your life! I used to get sick like that every other month or so. The surgery recovery was hard 'cause I was older, but my quality of life went way up. Sacrifice today for a better tomorrow!

It is such a bummer to have something outside your realm of control that curbs your running efforts. Hope things work out!

Suzie Petunia said...

These setbacks are bound to happen. I'm so sorry! Just get all set to rebound once you are all better. Get them taken out so you can eat all that ice cream and jell-o. :)

amydear said...

Oooh, I feel your pain! I had my tonsils out when I was 17. The only good thing was that I lost 10 pounds. Wish I could do that now! Keep up your motivation and get right back at it when you're feeling better. The rest will be good for your body, and you'll be better in no time.

Ang said...

Oh man!!! That is such a bummer.

Kelly(M&M) said...

I am so sorry you are sick. That is so frustrating. I hope you are feeling better soon, and the running will come right back, I promise.

Get well!

Charity said...

Don't worry, you'll be back before you know it! Hope you feel better soon.