Thursday, July 24, 2008

Running Connections

On Monday I had a fantastic day! It started off with a beautiful 5 mile run along the beach. I came home to sleeping kids and was able to take a shower! I couldn't ask for anything more! I was visiting my family in CA and decided to take the kids to Legoland. My husband was still in OR, so it would just be me and the 3 kiddos. I was a little nervous, but Cherl was kind enough to meet up with me. Cherl and I met 3 years ago through Coolrunning.com when I noticed that we had the exact first marathon time. We both lived in Portland and were able to meet up for a race. She also was one of the first contributors on Marathon Mommies. Unfortunately we were never able to meet up with our kids. So, now that she moved to CA, I was able to join her at Legoland. We had a fun morning! Thanks for the good times, Cherl. I hope we can meet up again.


5 comments:

Frayed Laces said...

Will you adopt me? I want to go to legoland!

JP said...

So cute!

cherl said...

So fun to meet up with Kelly and her kids! She's amazing. If you've had the pleasure of meeting her before then you know what I mean. I admire her both as a runner and as a mother. We also had such a great time. We're at Legoland nearly every week but we always see something different, esp. when we're seeing it through someone else's eyes. The day was definitely a treat for us! (Thanks, Kelly!)

Kelly(M&M) said...

Thanks for the nice words, Cherl. I figured I came across as the crazy, chaotic, frazzled mom that I am! You were great to go with the flow and let my kids pick the rides. I have loved getting to know you through the blog and in person! You are a great example to me. (Especially your daily blogging! I was going to tell people to check it out, but you don't list it!!)

Kelly(M&M) said...

My mistake, you do list it! So, everyone, go check out Cherl's blog!