Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Disney Adventure on Two Feet



My family and I just returned from a wonderful trip to Disney World. Wow, did the kids have fun, and me too :) Where else can I act like a kid and get away with it!!!! Not only did I have a great time but I was able to keep up with my running. This was a great thing since all of our meals came with desserts :)
We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, a deluxe resort on the Disney grounds. This makes it easy to get to and from the parks and they have amazing themes.
After checking out the resort, I discovered that it is down the road from another Disney resort, Ft. Wilderness, and there is a jogging trail that connects the two. (When you check in ask for a map of the jogging trail) Also, check out http://www.disneyrunning.com/, a great site that covers all the areas to jog, races, etc in Disney. http://disneyrunning.com/joggingtrailwl.html


The route is a big loop that is approx. 2.5 miles. It is a great paved trail that winds through the woods. I even saw some deer while running. It also continues into the Ft. Wilderness area where there is a petting zoo. I had no idea I would be seeing soo many animals :)


You can also venture off the path if you need to add some extra distance. On the days I needed longer runs than the 2.5 mile loop, I either repeated the loop several times or traveled off the path and explored other area resorts ( Polynesian and Grand Floridian) I found these routes while on
www.disneyrunning.com
So, if you are headed to Disney World anytime soon you do not have to give up your running routine. Plus, you get to see and discover things that you may not have seen :) Happy running.


1 comment:

Taylor Tribe said...

You are an inspiration. Way to keep up with your running even on vacation. Keep it up!