Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Seattle Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon Report...

I just got back from a crazy busy trip to Washington. While I was there I had the chance to run in the inaugural Seattle Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon with my sister. We knew a long time ago that we had to go to Seattle the end of June (for a conference that my sister was working at-and I had agreed to help her) and then when we found out that the Rock-n-roll Marathon was that weekend...we couldn't resist signing up (apparently right before it sold out). Even last week though, we weren't sure if we would actually be able to run it, my sister has been really sick for several weeks and even had to drop out of the Wasatch Back Relay (her most favorite race) because the doctors wouldn't let her run. She was determined though to run this race-so we decided that we would just take it easy and have fun...if we needed to walk or whatever we would.
This race was HUGE!!! We were in starting corrals and it took us 26 minutes after the gun to actually start the race.

(once we could finally see the start line)

Then we were off...it was a fun race....a little more hilly than we thought it would be but still fun. There were bands every few miles and I have never seen so many aid stations. We ran for a while along the waterfront and that was beautiful! Running into the city was also cool.

(That is me..running in front of my sister...going into the city)


We didn't pay attention to our times or paces until about mile 11. It was then that I realized that we were nearing the 2 hour mark. We tried to give it everything that we had at that point to come in under 2 hours but crossed the finish line at 2:01. I was dissapointed that I hadn't pushed myself a little harder....to come in under 2 hours...but oh well-it was still alot of fun!


4 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Congrats!! I ran the Full Marathon (my First Marathon) and it was HILLY!! Yes there were aide stations but no toilets...UGH!!!

Taylor Tribe said...

Congrats~! Awesome job!

Tifferbob said...

I love that you run with your sister! Congrats!

Christy said...

Congrats!!! Great job!