Monday, October 04, 2010

Taper Time Tantrum.....

I just saw this little poem and it made me laugh because it is just how I have felt the past few weeks....
Thankfully-I'm no longer tapering and I finished my marathon (St. George) this past Saturday!!! I had a pretty great run but the HOT temperatures near the end were tough and slowed me down more than I wanted. Oh well-I learned that you just have to do your best with the circumstances you are given. Even though I fell a little short of my goal to be under 4 hours-I finished at 4:07.
Anyway...This is for anyone else who is tapering right now or in the future: http://www.examiner.com/running-in-denver/marathon-taper-got-you-feeling-down-a-poem-to-commiserate-the-taper-time-blues

2 comments:

Jamie said...

That is a great time! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Way to go! That is wonderful!