I ran the LA Marathon yesterday. I'm trying to focus on the positives about this race and my effort but I'm having a hard time doing that right now. Maybe later this week or next weekend I'll be in a better place but today I'm not happy with it. I know it was the best I could do yesterday. However, it was my 7th marathon and my 7th disappointing finish that was 4+ hours. I can't seem to get in under that 4 hour mark and I find that incredibly disappointing.
One positive about the LA Marathon was their tracking system for the runners. Both my husband's and my cell phone received five texts over the course of the event. These were the texts received:
- HONDA LA Marathon: Cherl - 10K in 0:57:40. Pace: 9:17. Est: 4:03:23. ETA: 11:37:44.
- HONDA LA Marathon: Cherl - 20K in 1:53:17. Pace: 9:07. Est: 3:59:01. ETA: 11:33:23.
- HONDA LA Marathon: Cherl - 30K in 2:54:42. Pace: 9:22. Est: 4:05:34. ETA: 11:40:07.
- HONDA LA Marathon: Cherl - 40K in 3:57:54. Pace: 9:34. Est: 4:10:49. ETA: 11:45:22.
- HONDA LA Marathon: Cherl - Finish in 4:08:19. Pace: 9:28. At 11:42:44.
Maybe it's just post-race blues? Maybe in a week I'll feel better about it and more excited about the next race? I just don't know.
Do you feel like this after a race?