Saturday, April 29, 2006

12 miles of solitude...

Hey Suzie and Ted(and anyone else!) It was kind of lonesome today as I ran my long run by myself. I realized the importance of having good friends to train with, especially on Saturdays! I tried to find a group to run with, but it didn't work out. So, I grabbed my watch and my mp3 player and and set out. I was a little nervous because of the elevation difference (5000 ft compared to 200 ft) but I felt great! It makes me even more excited for the marathon, which is in 7 days, by the way! I ran at about a 9 minute mile until the hill up to Jeff's house, which I walked! (See Suzie, I do allow myself to walk up a hill every once in a while.) So, that is my report. I hope you both had good runs as well. I also went to the Dinosaur Park which we will be running by during the marathon. I just can't wait until next Saturday.

3 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

My husband is sick of hearing me say I hate running by myself. I miss you! One Saturday running alone and I really didn't enjoy it much. I only squeaked out about 5 miles because I waited until it was almost dark AND my shins started hurting. And you know why? Because I have no idea how to pace myself and I started out too fast and... and... and... Let's just say I don't like running alone. Especially in the dark. I'm glad you're enjoying Utah. I can't wait to get there. I downloaded the official "Ogden Marathon Bible" that was emailed to me and read every word. It makes me so excited! It sounds so fun! But it started me thinking again about making my checklist. Send me that email when you can - it would settle my nerves to know I'm not forgetting anything! Can't wait!

Suzie Petunia said...

Did you get that Ogden Marathon Bible? Let me know if you want me to email a copy to you. It's about 4 pages of info on the race.

Kelly(M&M) said...

I just emailed you a checklist that I found. I will let you know if I find anything else or think of anything else. You are going to do so awesome! We will have so much fun-seriously!! Just rest up. I will admit I am sore today after running the hills yesterday. I will take it easier this week!