Thursday, April 20, 2006

I miss Suzie!

This is true, especially when I am attempting speedwork. I need you there to give me that little extra push. I have truly missed our midweek longer runs together. This week has been tough. (I am sure tougher for you. I am just selfish!) In fact, you probably won't believe this, but I was so bored of running outside by myself that yesterday I ran on the treadmill to mix it up! :-) I regretted the decision as soon as I hopped on the treadmill, but I finished it. Anyway, I hope you know how much I enjoy our running time together. I can't believe our first race together will be a marathon- how crazy is that?! I am so excited for it. I really hope you are resting and feeling better. I think you are an awesome runner, a wonderful friend, and an amazing mom. Thanks for letting me get to know you in the wee hours of the morning. Let me know when you are ready to run again.

2 comments:

Suzie Petunia said...

My legs are feeling much better! I've been icing them like crazy and doing mostly eliptical workouts. I am so nervous I won't be in good enough shape (or as good as I might have been?) for the marathon. I miss running with you, too! Someone told me there is a trail around the Nike campus - I'd like to go there, but, I'm not sure how long it is. I'm not a big fan of laps, but I'm anxious to get outside and see how my legs really feel. I can't wait for Ogden!

Kelly(M&M) said...

Ted runs on that trail all the time. I will email him to find out how long it is. I think that is a great idea. I would be willing to go there, if we are "allowed." :-) I think you will be totally ready for the marathon, as long as you are not in pain. You always amazed me how you could do the long run on Saturday, even if you didn't run much during the week. You, lucky girl, are just made to run! I keep hoping that your natural ability will rub off on me!