Thursday, December 06, 2007

'Tis the Season

Now that presents for kids, siblings and parents are bought and wrapped (my husband is so hard, I inevitably procrastinate on him) my thoughts are turning to myself. I know, that's not how Christmas is supposed to work, but try telling that to my mother. With 8 grown children, she has washed her hands of Christmas shopping and instead sends us a sizeable check with the instructions to, "Shop away!" And so I shall.

But first, I wanted to consult the mommies, because of course I want to get some running gear and you guys ought to know. So I want to hear what running items you couldn't live without. The Garmin and Nano are essentials (at least for me) but what else? I have nothing particular in mind--but thought this might be a post others could benefit from too. Nothing feels quite so motivating as something new. Any ideas?

10 comments:

Erin said...

Yes! I could use this info too! Please, those of you with great idea's let us know.

cherl said...

Something on my wish list because I have longer hair that requires a ponytail when I run... The HIND DryLETE Ponytail headband.

cherl said...

Oh! And one of those running skorts that some of the other women here have. LOVE them!

Anonymous said...

I really like the beanie knit hat I was given last Christmas. Mine is wool, but has a fleecy layer around the ears so it isn't itchy.

Priscilla Crawford said...

I really like the beanie knit hat I was given last Christmas. Mine is wool, but has a fleecy layer around the ears so it isn't itchy.

cherl said...

hey knitandrun-
Just looked at your profile and saw that you are in Norman. I went to school there - graduated in 1996 with a BA in Architecture. Small world. I was last there two years ago to visit friends and watch the OU v. Oregon game.

Annie said...

Do you use iTunes? You can never get enough good running music so maybe a couple of good downloads...

Chelle said...

go to skirtsports.com. they have a new running tights/skirt that I treated myself to for an early Christmas present. It's called the 'tough girl' skirt. Oh my! It is so cute. You know how tights are....well, tight on your butt? This has the skirt coverage and just looks plain cute. I wear it to yoga, too and get a compliment every time. so there you go....I'm pushing the running skirts in the winter, too! : )

Roxanne said...

For winter running I would highly recommend Patagonia tights and half zip top. I got my set over eight years ago and have wore them a lot. They show absolutely no wear and that is after washing them a least twice a week in the colder months. I love the tights because they are a thicker material than some tights I have seen, so they keep you very warm. I even wear them in early spring and fall because I can dress lighter up top. I have not only used them for many miles of running but also skiing, winter hiking/camping and any other cold weather activity. It has been well worth the money.

Molly said...

Since it is dark so late in the mornings and dark early at night, I find some good reflective gear is nice. In the morning when I run with a few of the "marathon mommies" a couple of us wear head lamps. It not only lights our way but allows us to be seen. Also there are these cool reflective overall strap type things that aren't as bulky as the vest and are very visible to oncoming cars. I don't own this yet but a running friend has them and they are on my christmas list.