Friday, May 02, 2008

Aren't you the runner?

That is my favorite question to be asked. Even though sometimes it sounds like they want to ask instead, "Aren't you the crazy one?" It was a long time before I felt like I could call myself a "runner" and now I know how silly that is. Anyone who gets outside (or on the treadmill) and puts one foot in front of the other when they don't have to :-) is a runner. How about the rest of you? What kind of reaction do you get from others? How do you feel about being a runner?

Can you tell I am a little lonely? It is weird to not be training for anything. My hubby and I thought about training for St. George together, but decided not to. So now I am back in limbo. I will run a 5k in a couple of weeks, but other than that, no real races on the horizon. I am a little jealous that Sarah and the rest of you have your St. George plans and I have already mentioned to Jeff that I want to fly out to cheer you on!

6 comments:

JP said...

Do no be lonely...if it makes you feel better, I'm not running St. George? (Big shocker there, huh?!?!)

I know what you mean, though...I started planning ahead for a few events so that I have something to look forward to and work for. I really want to become a "better" runner this year.

marathon mom said...

I am not training for anything 'big' right now and it is so strange. I think I live for the motivation- I need to sign up for something post baby so I have a goal.

Anonymous said...

It does seem a little quiet here- not a whole lot to be pumped up about just yet.

I get varied responses...some think I am crazy- my husband included. I get responses of amazement- one person even said something like, "I can't believe YOU can run that far!" I hope they weren't meaning to offend...but really, I have no problems being the chubby running girl that people look at with a sense of puzzlement at the logistics of it all- ha!

Cotter said...

someone asked me the other day if i was a runner and i wasn't sure what to say. from now on i will proudly say "yes!"

Jessica said...

my boss just said to me today "good luck in your race tomorrow and have fun, if you call this sort of thing fun, I don't know why you do it, because it does not seem fun to me." So I guess that makes me crazy!!

foxontherun said...

My daughter says to me in her most sarcastic voice (quoting me), "Oh yeah I'm going to go out and run 26 miles because it is so fun." She thinks I'm crazy. I must be because 2 week post marathon I'm doing a sprint tri tomorrow. Wish me luck.