Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Boise Women's Fitness Celebration 5K

This is one of the funnest races of the year. I typically like to run longer distances when I race but this 5K is so fun! If you are near Boise Idaho I would highly recommend this one.
I was lucky to have my sisters, mom, aunt, and great friends to share this race with.

I am two months post partum and running slow but I actually felt pretty good at the race. I am still feeling aches in my hips, pelvis and pubic bone but it is getting better with each day. I only ran once the week before the race and was worried that I didn't run enough. I have realized that at this stage less is better. I never run two days in a row and try to walk on the days I don't run. I am coming to terms with taking it slow and am okay with my 31 minute finish time. So to all of you mommies who are trying to get back into running after having a baby, I say keep pushing on!

2 comments:

The Roberts said...

Good for you! Great attitude!

Kelly(M&M) said...

You are so inspiring! Congrats on a great race. Running after having a baby is one of the hardest things to do. You are being very smart and you will be back to your old running form in no time! Keep us posted!