Thursday, November 27, 2008

Getting Faster

I can't relate too well to the posts about the weather - here in Brisbane Aus we have high temperatures and high humidity at the moment. I run with my kelpie, and we need to get out well before 6am or it's just too hot!

I'm just coming back from a tendon injury and had a 3km time trial at our running club tonight - we run at the track every Thursday evening. 14.37 was my time, about 28 seconds slower than my pb, but I did do a personal training class on Tuesday arvo, a heavy duty fitness class on Wednesday morning then the string of exercises my physio suggested on Wednesday evening. My legs and butt muscles really hurt!

The great thing was I had no tendon or knee pain. I'm keen to find a marathon training program now, I'm more likely to do something if I've got a program to follow. Looking at the FIRST program with 3 workouts a week with cross training. I think it'll fit in with the children/job/husband/household pretty well.

Now I just have to plan the family budget to allow me to get to the Great Ocean Road Marathon.

Hmm, now that I've publicly said I'm going to run a marathon, that means I have to do it...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

JP said...

I'm excited for your goal...and especially now that you're on the mend. Good luck on your training!

Mel said...

Wow, that is fast! Good luck with everything!

Run Mommy said...

That's right! Once it is out there, no turning back... good luck!

Suzie Petunia said...

The Great Ocean Road Marathon sounds amazing and beautiful! What a marathon for your first! But if you'd rather come all the way to Oregon in the US, some of us are doing a marathon the same weekend. :) (Newport, OR Marathon)