Tuesday, August 26, 2008

13 miles of pure FUN!

So yes,this past weekend I completed my first Half Marathon. Can I just tell you how much fun I had. I had such a great time running, and experiencing my first half. I would totally do it again tomorrow if I could. On Friday night I went to bed, but didn't sleep very good. I was just a little to excited for the coming day. I got up, got ready, and headed to my fellow Marathon Mommy Gina's house at 6:30. We all meet there and rode together up to the race. We all loaded a bus, and were driven to our stop. It was really cold when we stepped off the bus. You could see your breath, but once you got in the sun it felt fine. So we waited a little, and then they said go. We were off. My goal was to not walk at all, and run the whole time (Even up the hills). I am proud to say, I ran the whole thing. Only stopping to grab drinks of water or Gatorade. I wasn't to great at running, and drinking at the same time. It ended up more on me then down me. It was really amazing how time just seemed to fly. Maybe it was because I was really enjoying it. I headed to the finish line, and I had almost reached my goal. I wanted to finish in 2 hours. I finished in 2 hours and 7 minutes. It was such a wonderful experience. Thank you to all you mommies for your wonderful advice, and encouragement. I love reading this blog, and hearing about everyone's experiences. It truly is wonderful to know that if you have a question all of you are there to help answer it.I have to also give a big thanks to Gina. You are such a wonderful person, and have become such a great friend to me. I hope we keep running until we are old, and have to be pushed in the strollers by our kids.(Pay back for all the pushing we do of them now). Thanks for being my motivation to get out of bed, and get to the corner to meet you. It was a wonderful weekend, and I can't wait till my next race.
P.S. Megan I am sorry I never got to meet you. I know you were there. I hope your race went well. Gina and I were looking for you, but never seemed to find anyone that we thought might be you.
Here are just a few pictures, the first is of Gina and I starting out, and the other is with our friends Rae & Mamie who also ran it.

6 comments:

Tall Girl Running said...

Looks like Mesa Falls... yes?? I was there, too. What a great day, huh?

Congratulations!

Kelly(M&M) said...

I love love love race reports. You can hear the enthusiasm in your writing. Thanks for sharing with us. Great job on your race! That is wonderful that you have such a good running buddy. What is your next race? :-) Enjoy your rest.

Melodee said...

I was there too:) I ran the marathon, but I'm still figuring this blog out. Looks like you had a great race. Great job!

Megan said...

It was a great race! Looking at your pictures I know I saw you guys at the end. You were much faster than me though. I finished in 2 hours and 20 minutes.
My report is here:
stohls.blogspot.com
I can't seem to make a new post on this site, only comment on other's posts.

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Yeah! Great time! I am glad you enjoyed yout first half! Your time was great! So now you have a "personal best" and you have to try to beat it next time! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Britt. How about 6 miles at 6 tomorrow? It was a fun race and to Stohlfam. We probably ran most of the way together. I finished around 2 hrs and 23 min.