Thursday, August 14, 2008

Salt Lake area 5K

Hi everyone, my name is Robyn and this is my first post. I have been checking out this site for a while, after Hannah told me about it. I think it's great. I am currently training for the Hobble Creek 1/2 and the Top of Utah marathon (my first!). Running with two friends has been a lifesaver and such great motivation. The support and friendship make the whole experience even better, more empowering, and more fulfilling. Thanks for making this site available and for all your uplifting posts.



Click HERE to register on Active.com.

I live in the SLC area and I just found out about this race. I am going to try and do it with my daughter, who is 5. Just thought some of you might want to know about it. I feel really strongly that we, as moms, need to teach our children (esp our girls) to get outside and have fun, be fit, and to love and appreciate their bodies and all they are able do. About the race:

No Boys Allowed!
A 5k just for the ladies.

Save the date Sept 6 for an event that every woman should do. Wasatch Woman in partnership with SPEAK, an outreach program for girls with eating disorders, presents a 5k/10k that is just for the ladies. The Love Your Body race was created for women who care about their health, ļ¬tness, community, friends, families and especially about themselves. By treating yourself well, you are able to achieve your personal best and be an inspiration to others. Come be part of Utah's only road race that shares in your vision of wellness and loving who you are.

Mark your calendar for Sept 5th when Salt Lake Running hosts packet pickup and a night out for the girls.

1 comment:

Kelly(M&M) said...

Sounds like a great race and a great reason to run! I wish I could run in this. Thanks for passing on the info.