Thursday, January 06, 2011

Hanson's marathon training program

A friend was recently talking about the Hanson marathon training program to me. She is starting to train for her 9th Boston (18th marathon!) and is considering the Hanson program. It'll be her first time following this training plan. Have you used this program? I understand the concept of limiting the long run distance and running on tired legs -- I buy that. But I think for someone like myself who has run 3 marathons, only running 16 miles max. during training wouldn't give me the confidence I need to toe the line race morning. Would love to hear your experiences!

If you aren't familiar with the Hanson program, see this article:
http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4447

2 comments:

Luc Levesque said...

Run less and run faster. Can be good, but I enjoy running so I run a lot.
If you read the article carefully, the runner did struggle before the end. This method is good if you are an experience runner.

Anonymous said...

Hello, its good article concerning media print, we all understand media is a wonderful source of information.


Also visit my web-site; Easy diets For women